The aim of Abacus Pre School is to:
- Provide an opportunity for young children to learn through play offering a full range of activities both indoors and outdoors.
- Develop social, emotional and self help skills and recognise them as the foundation to each child’s learning.
- Promote interaction with peers and staff, helping each child develop a positive self-image and build self esteem;
- Provide high quality care and education, following the early years foundation stage curriculum, for children from 2yrs of age up to the age of 5.
- Work in partnership with parents, carers and outside agencies to help children to learn and develop in a safe caring environment.
- Promote equality and value the diversity children bring to our setting.
As a member of Abacus Pre-school, your child:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- Is given generous care and attention and have activities planned to develop their learning, following their individual interests.
- Has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play and learn together;
- Is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- Has a key person who makes sure your child’s individual needs are planned for to enable them to make progress;
- Is in a pre-school which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop.